With just a couple more weeks remaining in the semester, I’ve begun to do a lot of reflecting on my experience here at the College. There are a lot of things I wish I could have done and said, but unfortunately there just isn’t enough time. Still, I can’t leave here without passing along just some of the wisdom I have picked up along the way. I hope it proves useful in helping at least one student navigate The College of Wooster:

• First things first, let’s talk about some of the things you’ll need for Wooster. If you are from out of state like me, please, please, please get yourself a filtered water bottle. The water in Ohio tastes weird (I stand by this 1000 percent) and you’ll spare yourself the agony later down the road. You’ll also need a money stash for takeout the days when Lowry is really bad, which is pretty often so do yourself a favor and be prepared. On the days when Lowry is slightly less shitty, however, I would definitely recommend the chicken parm. Undoubtedly the most overlooked meal in Lowry.

• The next piece of advice would have to be in regards to navigating the different cliques here at Wooster. I think it’s pretty much established that a good 90 percent of the school is weird as fuck, so that may be all you need to know. I almost forgot to mention that the basketball team is really talented, but antisocial as fuck. No shade but… well I guess that was all shade but I love you guys! You just need to talk more.

• The townspeople are some of the weirdest individuals I have ever seen in my entire life.

• Study abroad! Definitely one of my biggest regrets.

• Try to get some physical activity in your day. I know it’s easy to get depressed in this hellhole we call Wooster, but your body will love you for it.

• Don’t be fooled, Lumberjack is nothing to write home about. I can get drunk in the comfort of my own room.

• BSA Thanksgiving dinner is an event you should attend at least once during your four years. Don’t let the idiots on Yik Yak cast doubt.

• Visit Ebert or one of its galleries at some point in your college career. I know it’s easy to forget at times, but we have some of the most artistically inclined individuals I have ever seen!

• Res Life at The College of Wooster is the worst functioning body of people I have ever seen… like, in my entire life … all 22 years of it.

• Inside the classroom, I encourage everyone to think before they speak. Don’t be that person that asks the most irrelevant/ridiculous question you can think of because I will glare you down until you feel like my eyes have pierced your soul.

• The Wooster Voice staff contains some of the weirdest people you will ever meet, but also some of the sweetest and best.

• And finally, don’t be afraid to experiment! This is college and you’re still figuring everything out. You want to dye your hair a crazy color, go ahead! You want to defy norms and break binaries, do it unapologetically! Shit, if you wanna wear a paper bag on your head, do it if your heart desires. One of the things that I really appreciate about Wooster is the fact that everyone is just plain weird. Yet it’s the weirdness that makes Wooster such a unique place. Believe me when I say you’ll never find a place quite like this.

Ashanti Wallace, a Viewpoints Editor for the Voice, can be reached for comment at AWallace16@wooster.edu.