The women of Woosterís athletic teams are sporting a style that sets them apart.

In an attempt to distinguish their hard-core athleticism from their average collegiate counter-parts, these women in sport have vowed to don a sort of uniform off the field: sweatpants and hoodies.

ìWhen Iím in class, Iím thinking about playing field hockey.† When Iím in Lowry, Iím getting ready to practice.† When I go out on a Saturday night, I like to be comfortable.† Why should I wear anything else?” asked said field hockey captain and super star Amanda Artman í10.

Other athletes have cited the sheer amount of athletic apparel they own as reasoning for their laid-back look.

Simone DiSalvo í10 has been playing soccer since grade school, and has accumulated many shorts, t-shirts and hoodies since then, playing on her high school team and at Wooster. ìThese clothes represent the majority of my wardrobe,” she said.

Others have taken a different stance on the subject.† ìIím a Division III athlete and work hard for my success on the field,” said Madalyn Myers í12 who said that her clothing sets her apart from other girls with their pearl earrings and bow-tie headbands.† ìItís an expression of who I am, and field hockey is what Iím all about.† I donít want anyone to confuse me with a sorority girl.”

Starting this season, first-year girls will be informed of the loose dress code outside of practices and games. Captains have instructed them that hoodies and sweatpants must be worn at all times to show team unity and that each team should travel around campus in large packs.

Each sport team will have strict attendance policies regarding meals in Lowry on Saturdays and Sundays during which the dress code will be harshly enforced.

Those who do not comply with team regulations will be subject to sanctions, such as extra laps after practice.

This story was run as part of The Wooster Vice, an annual April Fools publication.† It is a work of satire.