by Maggie Stieby 

Tranquility and the love of a freshly-cooked omelet consume the air of the dining hall on an early morning. The fruit bar is freshly stocked and the food is still warm. The earth is healing.

Every morning when I wake up to my alarm at 6:30, I contemplate never leaving my bed. What if I didn’t go to class? What if I dropped out and never thought about school again? What if I just bought a flight to Europe and never came back? But then I remember… that means no Lowry. I shut my alarm off and get out of bed. My only motivation these days. 

After quickly getting dressed and heading out the door, I begin my voyage to Lowry. I stumble through the Oak Grove and across Beall Ave knowing no condition could stop me from completing this journey. I would trudge through the harshest snowstorm to get to that beautiful building. In there, I know I am safe.

Each breakfast is the same. I start with my egg order: an omelet with veggies. I toast my bread in preparation for the peanut butter that will soon coat it. Last but not least, I grab the vegetarian sausage. I always pair this combination with the fruit from the salad bar. If it’s my lucky day, there will be grapes. When I am feeling really crazy, I make coffee. I know I might lose some people here, but I believe Lowry coffee is underrated. The luxury of preparing it yourself with the perfect proportion of oat milk is an opportunity I refuse to pass up. This is my big five.

I am a simple girl. I could eat this breakfast everyday because it never fails me. And the best part of this perfect meal is that you can essentially eat in silence. The atmosphere is unbeatable. I am risking a lot by even publicizing this information…jeopardizing the protection of my sanctuary. However, it would be wrong of me not to share what I have found and allow those around me to have the same experience. I am one for the people.

I know there is a strong argument in regards to meal swipes and having enough to support this habit. However, I think that breakfast is the best meal Lowry has to offer and I will die on that hill. I would sacrifice breakfast over lunch and dinner any day. With the new meal plan arrangement, I would encourage adding a stop at Lowry to your morning routine. 

If you leave Wooster without the true Lowry breakfast experience, you did college here wrong. The staff that make up our dining services are my superheroes, and this campus would not operate without them. Stop by in the early hours and see what you have been missing. You won’t regret it. Roll Scots.

Written by

Zach Perrier

Zach Perrier is a Viewpoints Editor for the Wooster Voice. He is from Mentor, Ohio and currently is a junior History major.