Jeremy Ludemann

Dear Wooster community,

What are you doing on Saturday afternoon from 2-4 and from 7:30-10 p.m.? Do you know that there are two basketball games tomorrow?  I hope you do, and if you don’t, this friendly letter will hopefully serve as a motivational message for you to come to Timken Gymnasium for the women’s and men’s basketball games against Wittenberg.

Why should I attend these games, you may ask? I commonly call the Wooster-Wittenberg rivalry “The Greatest Rivalry in the Universe” (with credit to Zack Moore ’16) because nothing beats the intensity of the contests between the Scots and the Tigers, and nothing is better than when our team sends their team down the road in defeat. Speaking of tigers, who in God’s green Earth decided that it would be a good idea to put a freakin’ TIGER in the POT this week? Don’t they know that the Tiger is the beloved logo of the enemy? If they don’t, I’m here to tell you that you should stop putting a damn tiger in the Pot.

This betrayal is like deciding during the middle of Twilight that you want to switch from Team Jacob to Team Edward. We are Scots, folks, so that means you should change your graphics accordingly and stop being a traitor. Now that the diversion is over, let’s talk about the games.

The women’s team is improving in the latter half of the season and is fighting for a spot in the conference tournament. Every game is extremely important and YOUR support is vital to the team’s success. Let’s make sure that we give Coach Ashley Reid and the players a home court advantage that will boost them to victory against the Tigers. The game is at 2 p.m. Plenty of time for you to be the phoenix that rises from the ashes of that Friday night hangover and becomes the sixth man in the stands! I hope to see you there and to hear your voices cheering loudly for our squad. Now, what do I do in between the women’s and the men’s game, you might ask? Well, you should make all of your Saturday night preparations in the interim and be ready to head back to the gym at 7:30.

Why do I need to go to ANOTHER basketball game? Why? Because the men’s team needs a championship-level atmosphere to match the excellent season they have had thus far. Think of it this way: would you go to your favorite musician’s concert if they played twice? Sure you would. It’s the same thing here: YOUR SCHOOL is playing two huge games tomorrow. And, the men’s team is nationally ranked and on pace to win the NCAC Championship. But Wittenberg is also nationally ranked, and both teams will be sure to put on a great show. I won’t bore you with the numbers, but I will tell you that the game is at 7:30 p.m. and I WANT TO SEE YOU rocking the Black and Old Gold attire in support of the Scots!

To conclude, I will say this again — this is your alma mater. WOOSTER is the name that will be on your degree forever, and it’s time to be converted by the religion that is Scot Spirit. These are your classmates and your peers, and this is where you live. It’s who you are. So, with that in mind, GET YOUR HEARTY ASSES TO THE GAME, YOU BUNCH OF SCOTS!  Brave minds, brave hearts, can’t lose!

Sincerely,

Jeremy