Emilie Eustace

Features Editor

Can you start by introducing yourself?

Hi, I am Micah Morrow. I use he/they pronouns and am a sophomore. 

The deadline to declare majors for sophomores was last week! What is your major? How did you make this decision?

I am a religious studies major, and am planning on double majoring with education. It was not a super easy decision to make and I was undecided for a while. I really liked all of the students and professors in the religious department, and last year my friend advised me to choose a major within a department where there were really good people, so I did. 

That sounds like a great friend! Who are some of your other mentors on campus?

Professor Sarah Mirza in the religious studies department and Professor Gretchen Tefs in the education department. They both are always very lovely and kind in their classrooms. They are part of the reason why I am trying to major in both of these departments. 

What activities are you involved in on campus? 

I am involved in Cowbelles, an a cappella group on campus. I just joined this year and it has been really fun. I am in the Sexual Respect Coalition, where I am currently the treasurer and will be the co-president next year. I am also a tour guide and work at the Underground. I have also written for The Voice a few times this year, which has been nice. 

You are involved in a lot! How do you find time to relax? What do you do for fun?

Relaxing is not easy! I have to schedule out my free time and live my life by putting everything into my Outlook calendar. For fun, I like to hang out with my friends or with my partner. I love to listen to music as well.

What kind of music do you like to listen to?

I generally listen to everything. Right now, I am really into the album “Any Shape You Take” by Indigo De Souza. 

What is your favorite Wooster memory so far?

I have a lot of happy memories at Wooster, but my favorite so far has been Party on the Green. It was the first time at Wooster that I got to experience a large event and see other people’s faces. It was nice to finally get off of my computer after a year of learning virtually to gather as a campus. I also really enjoyed the music, even though I really did not know any of the artists. I did, however, know that Rat Queen was a Wooster band which was really nice. 

What are you passionate about?

I am passionate about sexual health and safety, which is why I am so involved in the Sexual Respect Coalition. I am also passionate about fighting for low-income students on campus and in the world. I want to make sure that everyone is treated equally and equitably. 

I know that one of your passions is creating earrings! What has been your favorite pair to make? Where does your inspiration come from?

My favorite pair of earrings that I made were these baby earrings, but instead of a baby head they had a cow head. I just thought it was really silly. I am a maximalist and I really like things, so whenever I see silly little trinkets and items I just buy them and make earrings out of them. So, I would say that I am inspired by things. 

Your fashion is impeccable! Where do you like to shop and where does that inspiration come from?

I get a lot of my clothes from Goodwill or other second-hand stores because I don’t have a lot of money, so I don’t want to spend a lot of money on brand new clothes. I also do not want to support fast fashion because of how unsustainable it is. I really like color coordinating my outfit. I always try to make sure that my socks match something that I am wearing. So, if I am wearing red socks, I try to pair them with a red jacket or red bandana. I like my look to seem neat, like everything has a place. 

Is there anything that you want to plug?

The Sexual Respect Coalition has meetings every Monday at 5 p.m. in the Kenarden Lounge. Please come! Also, check your emails for fun events at the Underground. Covers is Saturday Feb. 19!

Written by

Chloe Burdette

Welcome to The College of Wooster's Inter-Greek Council website! Here you will find out everything about our campus's Greek Life, including resources for the 2020 Rush season> We are so glad you are with us!