Thank youWilly from Ice House

Kim Possible

What’s the Sitch?

In a surprising coincidence, all 404 members of the senior class mentioned Willy, an employee at Ice House Liquor Store, in the acknowledgements sections of their Independent Studies.

Variations of the message included, “To Willy, without whom I wouldn’t have gotten through the Independent Study process,” “Thanks to Willy from Ice House for recommending the best Franzia flavor” and “Willy, man, you ****ing rule.”

Even seniors who don’t consume alcohol still found it important to thank Willy. “Ice House has had an impact on our class as a whole,” said Cassidy Danning ’13. “I’ve bought iced tea from there for four years.”

Eric Toother ’13 stated, “I don’t drink, but I drive through there sometimes to get advice. Willy’s got so much life experience. He just knows stuff.”

Josh Gamber ’13 reflected on his relationship with Ice House and its employees. “When I was a first-year, I didn’t know what Ice House was, but everyone told me to grow a beard and go see Willy. After meeting him, I was so much happier. Suddenly, my free time was so much more fun. It was easier to make friends, easier to write papers…everything was better after I went and saw Willy. Uh, but I didn’t drink until I was 21.”

Rumors have circulated that Willy will be the keynote speaker at the commencement ceremony this year.

Other names that were each acknowledged in over one third of the I.S.’s this year include El Campesino Mexican Restaurant, Chipotle and the Dave Matthews Band.