“It’s Wednesday ó I’ve got the Voice.” For those who know me, most would agree that over the past year and a half, that line has been my trademark. Most people who have ever submitted a piece of writing to the Voice or even just know someone on staff, can vouch that once Wednesday rolls around, it’s layout time.

I first remember hearing about Wednesday layout from my big sister in my sorority, Sydney Bender, who was one of the editor-in-chiefs last year. It was my sophomore year and we were all getting ready to celebrate Woo Wednesday. Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke up. “I can’t go out on Wednesdays ó I’ve got the Voice.” I was utterly shocked ó as a naive underclassman, the thought that my much cooler and older big sister couldn’t celebrate with me was devastating. And yet, at the same time, I was intrigued.

Now, as countless Wednesdays have come and gone, I can safely say some of my favorite memories, inside jokes and people are all thanks to Wednesday nights with the Voice staff. Whether it’s someone screaming “jo-NAH” in a high-pitched voice, Maureen’s infectiously outrageous laugh or our bulletin boards filled with personal and always inappropriate inside jokes, my Wednesday nights over the past year have been especially memorable.

So, although this is probably the point where I’ll be made fun of for being “too corny,” what I do love most about the Voice is how close we’ve all become and how I actually find myself looking forward to Wednesdays.

Some of the staff may disagree with me ó but almost every staff member who is a member of Twitter usually tweets their excitement @thewoostervoice come Wednesdays. At formals, parties or even just Friday nights at the UG, there is always a “Voice picture” taken with however many members I can scrounge up. We love each other so much that the Voice staff even created an intramural dodgeball team. Clearly, it’s serious.

I really can’t complain. Maybe I haven’t been able to celebrate many Woo Wednesdays with the rest of campus, but I always celebrate with the Voice. I think one of our sports editors said it best after having layout on a Tuesday and going to El Campesino the following Wednesday, he said, “Heading to El Camps with the Voice Staff because we don’t know how to be without each other on Wednesdays.”