It’s here! And some have been on the hunt for that “winter beau” since the summer. The term basically refers to your standard singleton who suddenly finds themselves desiring to be in a relationship rather than being reminded of their loneliness in subzero temperatures. How do you find this winter buddy you ask? No idea. But if you’re still pressed about finding that New Year’s Eve date, better get to it. For all the singles out there, I humbly suggest some songs you should definitely add to your playlist. Escaping from the cliché power ballads, the songs I propose will be reminding you of that love interest that played you, really grounding you on the reason you are single.

Beyoncé — “Me, Myself and I”

Queen Bey really puts things in perspective. This is an anthem for personal empowerment. Plus her vocals full of emotive power find a way to have you singing along. I mean, if you can’t trust yourself, who can you really trust?

Leikeli47 — “Ho”

The song is infused with electronic vibes, balancing it out with some rap conventions. Like other songs on her album like “Miss Me,” Leikeli47 will have you feeling like Kobe for dumping that fuck boy in the trash where he belongs. Don’t fall for those fake one-liners; they have no business running laps around your heart. You deserve so much more.

SZA — “Love Galore”

What gets your blood rushing more than remembering your ex? Truuusssttt this song is a bop. It really puts you through that emotional limbo of getting played and the tempestuous anger that follows. But, I mean, you always bounce back, so, *insert girl emoji holding out hand, carrying invisible tray*

Daina — “X”

You may not have heard of her, but Daina is my spirit animal. This song exudes self-confidence and makes you feel hella badass (and that people are really replaceable). Just something slight from her song to give you a little taste “Now that I’ve glo-uped it don’t make sense to throw back…”

Ray BLK — “Doing Me”

Listen here. Ray BLK knows how to celebrate individuality, period. If you are into the neo-soul English scene you might enjoy this. Ray releases songs on her own label, and what is more Bo$$ than that? This songs expresses satisfying yourself and paying no heed to “The ignorant ones with opinions.”

Cardi B — “Bodak Yellow”

I might be straying away from my intended song list, but I must. Cardi is the definition of unapologetic, and her unfiltered personality and catchy lyrics really invigorate and elevate the energy in a room when the beat drops. Her song expresses her resiliency in “doing her.” In a way, she is translated to a diva icon, but if you know a little about Cardi, you know she is a visionary, ambitious and hardworking woman; aren’t we all trying to be on her level?