ANYA COHEN

Countless times throughout my four-year Wooster stint I’ve heard students whine some variation of the statement,

“If these are the best four years of my life, shoot me now.” Heck, in the midst of mid-term exams and final essays, I’ve most certainly grumbled this same sentiment. When presentations and papers clutter your planner, it can be easy to sweat the small stuff and dwell on the difficult. However, as my remaining time at the College dwindles down to only a few hundred hours, none of my complaints even hold a candle to the beautiful memories I have accumulated and the love that I feel for the amazing hearts and minds that overflow this campus.

I’ve written and re-written this editorial approximately eight times now and not one of the variants has properly articulated what I want to say or the advice that I want to impart. I think it’s an impossible feat to ask a college senior to write on their four-year experience in 500 words or less. I could reminisce for weeks about the nights I do and don’t remember, the laughs I’ve shared with friends and the “aha” moments in class that have changed the way I view the world. Though it’s not particularly conducive to the purposes of this viewpoint, I feel blessed beyond belief that my college memories cannot be contained to one page single-spaced.

If I could share one piece of advice with those students who are still lucky enough to have years left at the College, it’s to not take a single day here for granted. Time flies, and before you know it you too will be listening to the provost butcher your name as you walk across the graduation stage. Take advantage of every minute that you have here. Put off homework on a beautiful day to play in the sun with your friends. Stay out late on the weekends and allow yourself to get dragged to that dingy Omega party. Sometimes you’ll have some of your best nights on this campus in the weirdest of places with the weirdest of people, so be open-minded. Pick up new friends wherever you go. Don’t you dare stress over your I.S. grade or your GPA; all they amount to are teeny, tiny words on a resume. Dance on tables (by yourself or with your friends — never with someone you’re trynna do it

with because that looks nasty). Never take yourself too seriously. Spend time with the people who make you happy and separate yourself from the people who don’t. If you have an issue, voice it — you may even consider doing that in the Voice. Be weird. Be you.

There are so many beautiful people and opportunities on this campus and 500 words is not even close to enough space to articulate how much leaving it all in 10 days is going to break my heart. But when it boils down to it, I’m glad I’m sad about leaving. In the wise words of Winnie-the-Pooh: “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”