– Don’t Get a Paper Phone Book: Save paper by using an online directory instead.† Often times it takes less time to use a search engine to find an address rather than leaf through an enormous book.
– Don’t Pre-Heat the Oven: Unless a recipe specifies that you pre-heat this saves gas.† In addition your oven will be more efficient the less time it is open.† Rather than opening the door to check the progress of your meal, look through the window.
– Turn Down the Thermostat: This seems like a no-brainer yet many people don’t realize that each one-degree fluctuation is a 10 percent increase/decrease in your energy bill.
– Pay Your Bills Online: If every household in the United States used the paperless billing feature, it would save 18 million trees per year.
– Don’t Rinse Your Dishes: In skipping a pre-dishwasher rinse you will save an average of 15 gallons of water per load of dishes.† In addition you waste less time doing your dishwasher’s job.
– Use Matches Instead of Lighters: Plastic lighters will most-likely end up in a landfill, whereas cardboard matches are made from recyclable material.