Archive | Features

Visiting poets to speak on craft and original work

Waverly Hart Managing Editor  Abigail McFarren  Contributing Writer On Wednesday, Feb. 27, two prominent poets, Erika Meitner and Dave Lucas, will be speaking at The College of Wooster. The event, hosted by the English department, includes two separate opportunities to hear the authors: a poetry craft lecture at 3:30 p.m. in Kauke 142 and a […]

Read the full story

Posted in Features0 Comments

Scotlight: Carlos Desantiago

Carlos Desantiago ’21 talks about his involvement on campus with OLAS, the theatre department and Delta Chi Delta. What are the activities you are involved in on campus? I’m involved in the theatre department, [and] I’m involved in Organization of Latin American Students (OLAS). I’m the treasurer for OLAS, and I do a lot of […]

Read the full story

Posted in Features, Online Only0 Comments

Allen Scholars foster new sense of community

Eleanor Linafelt Chief Copy Editor In 1892, Clarence Beecher Allen became the first African-American student to graduate from The College of Wooster. In 1989, a scholarship was created in his honor for African-American students at the College who show academic achievement and leadership skills. Though the scholarship has existed for 30 years, it has only […]

Read the full story

Posted in Features, Online Only0 Comments

Students reflect on returning to Wooster post study abroad

Waverly Hart Managing Editor For many Wooster students, studying abroad is a wonderful and life-changing experience. They are immersed in a different culture, make lasting friendships and experience things they never could in the United States. However, for many students, one of the most challenging parts of an off-campus studies experience is returning home.   […]

Read the full story

Posted in Features0 Comments

Scotlight: Ashleigh Best

What do you do on an everyday basis in your job? Officially, I’m 60 percent student advising appointments, so that can either be one-on-one advising or group. The other 40 percent of my role is employer and alumni relations. My primary responsibility is to work with any employers who are reaching out to the College […]

Read the full story

Posted in Features0 Comments

More than just a month: Wooster acknowledges Black History

Aubri McKoy Contributing Writer Black History Month is an annually observed celebration of the African-American community, in addition to the commemoration of significant people and events in the history of the African diaspora. In the United States of America, this celebration takes place throughout the entire month of February. Prior to celebrating for an entire […]

Read the full story

Posted in Features0 Comments