Jack Gilio
Contributing Writer

Last week, three sophomore Fighting Scots on the women’s soccer team received their first NCAC All-Conference nods. Emma Lawrence ’19 was named First-Team All Conference, while Caroline Dres ’19 and Harper Jones ’19 were both honorable mention recipients.

Lawrence started every game for the Scots on defense. “[The coaches] asked me to be a director in the back, to help navigate the play and help my teammates,” said Lawrence. “When I can see the whole field in front of me I am able to direct traffic and see things from a different perspective.” Lawrence finished with two goals and two assists.

Dres started in all but one game for the Scots in midfield. She proved to be the offensive firepower that the women needed on a game-to-game basis. She finished with a team-high four goals, one of which was a late equalizer at the 85th minute against Kenyon, forcing overtime. Dres was also second on the team in points (six) and first in shooting percentage (23 percent).

Jones started 14 of 16 games in midfield. Along with Dres, Jones scored four goals, and also led the team in points (nine). “My role on the team […] expanded far past being just a midfielder as I played various midfield and forward roles and was relied on as both a ball distributor and goal scorer,” said Jones.

The trio of sophomores were key contributors to the Scots’ run to the conference tournament this season. With the experience they gained this season, the Scots look to push further on towards the top of the NCAC in 2017.