Robert Dinkins, Jr. , an A&E
Editor for the Voice, can be

Listen, I know a lot of people have said to you before, “Oh, you need to definitely watch this show” and “This is the greatest show ever.” My mom raised me to tell the honest truth no matter the consequences. Because of this, I can not say Black Mirror is the best show ever, because that title belongs to Family Guy. What I can say is this, Black Mirror is definitely top ten. Black Mirror is a British show released in 2011 created by Charlie Booker. Even though it was first released in 2011, there are only seven episodes.

The purpose of Black Mirror is to portray a future that very well could happen within a few months. Booker said, “Each episode has a different cast, a different setting, even a different reality. But they’re all about the way we live now and the way we might be living in ten minutes’ time if we’re clumsy.”

It poses great questions to its audience members, which causes serious reflection after every episode. I remember on one episode I had to pause twenty minutes in just to recollect my thoughts and ask, “What the hell is going on?” Conversations between Black Mirror fanatics usually would include mention of the series The Twilight Zone. Each episode is independent of the other but it seems like it happens in the same fictional universe.

Viewers can expect a twist to occur in every episode, but it is very hard to anticipate it because the show consumes you. The best part about this is, Black Mirror is releasing another season today. I would urge you and implore you to watch this show.

I must also give a warning. I would not binge watch this show. My recommendation is just to watch one episode and be done. Think about what happened in that episode, ask yourself questions about the plot and the characters. Ask yourself what would you do if you were in the characters’ place.

I still do not fully understand how Charlie Booker can create such compelling stories within 45 minutes. I wake up in the middle of the night, in a pool of sweat with this question on my mind. There are not a lot of things that scare me. Besides giant spiders, plants in pots, APA style essays, big crowds of people, talking to people, talking to people of the opposite sex as me and the United States political system I am usually a very brave dude. However, bravery goes out the window when I watch Black Mirror.

You will see too when you watch the very first episode. My fellow brothers and sisters, do not be afraid to get scared, instead, embrace it. Give Black Mirror a try, and I promise you will not be disappointed. This show is definitely going to be a future staple for future videos and literature. I recommend hopping on the bandwagon while it is still a man and a camel.