@PLinc

#Writer?

Senior John Stevens ’14 almost attended his first athletic event at the College of Wooster this past Saturday, narrowly deciding against going to the men’s lacrosse game against Albion.

“I thought maybe I should see what this sports thing was all about, so I almost went to the game,” said Stevens as he walked to Lowry for dinner that night. “I was in my room marathoning House of Cards, and I suddenly got this urge to go out and do something.”

Stevens, a studio art major, came to the College in 2010 with no interest in its athletic programs. Now in his final year, this has not changed at all.

Stevens stayed on campus over break to finish his I.S., a delicious model of the Kauke Arch stuffed with traditional taco fillings (“It’s a metaphor,” he says). After putting the finishing touches on the meat, cheese and lettuce, he found himself with a small bit of free time.

“‘What the heck,” I said to myself. “I bet there’s some spirited athletic competition on campus right now. I should go.”

Stevens made it as far as pausing the auto-play feature and sitting up to put on shoes, but his tragically short attention span was derailed by a snapchat of his friend Jeff Boneman ’14 doing a keg-stand.

“That snap from J-Bones distracted me for a few seconds, and then I read the teaser of the next House of Cards episode, which always gets me hooked,” said Stevens. “In the end I didn’t make it to the game, but I really loved the show.”

In the locker room after his team’s narrow 7-6 victory over Albion, midfielder Dave Darby ’15 expressed his disappointment at Stevens’ lack of attendance. “John who?  What’s TheWooster Voice?  Also, why are you naked?”