Blogging is the latest Internet craze with millions using them. You can share thoughts, ideas, events and whatever you want on them. When I and two other students got an offer to become bloggers for the Admissions Deptartment, I got excited.

The College has decided to reach out to prospective students in a different way, by having current students attending Wooster blog about their lives here, to present a ìday in the life of” idea of what it is really like here. We blog about everything: classes, that awful research paper due in a day, tests, the UG, football games and anything else that we do from day to day. Our goal is to give prospective students an idea of what our lives are like here, so perhaps they can feel more comfortable with the idea of heading off to college.

As a blogger, I find the job to be incredibly fun. We basically choose our own hours, and get to ìtalk” about how our day was, or how happy we are we passed that exam, or how tired we are from being at the library studying all day. Even though sometimes these events arenít exactly ìthrilling”, theyíre accurate with the student life on campus. We believe prospective students deserve to see that the College is not only a mix of diverse fun and games, but upholds a serious academic streak thatís quite impressive.

Since it first started in the spring of 2009, ScotBlogs has moved up from three typical students, to First Year Seminars, accounts of faculty in different countries, faculty blogs and even updates for the College. As student bloggers, we donít update every single day, but perhaps anywhere from three to six times in a week. Sometimes our entries are long, and we talk about how nervous we are for an exam, or how exciting a party was over the weekend. Sometimes we just write a quick two sentence note just to drop in.

Come check us out sometime! If you go to www.scotblogs.wooster.edu, and scroll down a bit, youíll come across us three students: myself (Morgan), Bastiaan and Alex. Weíre three very different people yet we all share a passion for blogging. Youíre always welcome to leave comments for our posts ó we like getting those. You donít have to be a prospective student to read this ó we want current students enrolled in Wooster to read it as well. Anyone can read these. I even once had a CEO of a major company located in Michigan send me a personal e-mail, complimenting me on my writing. Talk about getting the word out!

Hopefully our blogs will reach out† in the way we want them to. I would have loved to have read blogs of students before I attended Wooster, because I, too, was slightly nervous and didnít know what to expect. If we can give any assuring insight, then weíre doing our job correctly.